Tu, Nov 7th-DIXIE POETS lesson by Marie Tollstrup and critiques, (and Dec 5)-Christmas Potluck 2-4 pm at Senior Citizen Center 245 North 200 West in St. George in Conference room upstairs. Newcomers always welcome.
|Visiting Poet Maurine Haltiner|
Th, Nov 16th (and Dec 21st) REDROCK WRITERS poetry group will meet at Markay Brown’s home at 7 pm, email <firstname.lastname@example.org> FIRST before coming. All welcome.
Fri Nov 17th SPECIAL EVENT-Poetry Reading by MAURINE HALTINER award winning poet, author of Every Angle of Moonshine at 2-4 pm at Washington County Library-St. George. Free.
Tu, Nov 21st (and Dec 19th) 2-4 pm DIXIE POETS at St. George Sr. Citizen Center. Critiques-bring 8-10 copies of 1-2 poems for helpful suggestions from the group.
Th, Nov 30th 7 pm POETRY JAM with readings afterwards by Anita Krotz-UTSPS Poet of the Year at Social Hall about 8:15 pm in St. George-free sponsored by St. George Art Museum. ALSO at 2 pm-Readings for public at St. George library-come and get your free book if you've paid your dues for this year or buy a UTSPS Poetry book of the year Crosswinds for $10
NEW EVENT-Nov 30th 7 pm at DSU 477 Holland Bldg-Readings by BYU poet and professor Kimberly Johnson, Craft talk Fri, Dec 1st 2 pm at Holland 441.
CONTESTS and CONFERENCES
1. Entries for CHAPARRAL CONTEST 2018 due DEC 1, 2017 (adults) and Dec 5, 2017 (students in Washington County School District area.)
2. UTSPS Annual contest entries, due Feb 1, 2017. Awards to be presented at April Awards Festival April 20-21, 2018 in TBA-Provo area. Details http://utahpoets.com/contests/2018/UTSPSrules2018.pdf
3. Mark the date MARCH 1-2-3, 2018 for POETRY IN THE PARK and more...
details see below or at http://poetry-in-the-park.com
4. Also coming up in late May 31-June 3 National Federation of State Poetry Societies annual conference held in Denver Colorado this year. Contest entries details: see http://nfsps.com/
5. TIME TO PAY YOUR DUES...forms on utahpoets.com $30/year due by Jan 5, 2018