Tu, Nov 1 (and Dec 6), 2-4 pm DIXIE POETS at Senior Citizen Center 245 North 200 West in St. George. Nov 1-Lesson by Marie Talltrup and critiques-bring 8-10 copies of 1-2 poems for helpful suggestions from the group. New poets always welcome. (Bring $1 donation for use of the facility.) Dec 6-Christmas potluck-bring a dish to share and a poem to read. Both meetings in the Conference room upstairs.
Tu, Nov 15 (and Dec 20) 2-4 pm DIXIE POETS at St. George Sr. Citizen Center. Critiques-bring 8-10 copies of 1-2 poems for helpful suggestions from the group. New poets always welcome.
Th, Nov 17th (and Dec 15th) REDROCK WRITERS poetry group will meet at Markay’s home at 7 pm, contact her<email@example.com> FIRST before coming. All welcome.
NEW EVENT: POETRY JAM Wed, Nov 30 at 7 pm at St George Art Museum located at corner of 2nd North and Main Street across from Post Office. Bring a poem about a national park or nature to share.
1. Redrock Writers CHAPARRAL CONTESTS for adults anywhere, and youth from St. George area. Entries due Sept 1-Dec 1, 2016. Details at
2. More Contests listed in STROPHES NFSPS's Oct 2016 newsletter. See http://nfsps.com/Strophes2016_Oct.pdf
3. UTSPS April Conference Contest 2017-rules available on facebook page under Utah State Poetry Society, due Feb 1, 2017. Get your dues $30 paid by Jan 3, 2017 to get a discount on fees. More dates and plans to be announced.
4. NFSPS National conference in Dallas Texas, see details, entries March 15, 2017. More info http://www.nfsps.com/poetry_contests.htm
5. Coming up in Jan 2017 sometime-Southern Quill submissions (deadline March 20, 2017) and Mesquite Fine Arts entries. More info later as it becomes available.